It’s been a while since I had any time to listen to music. But of course, whenever I find something that just gives me that feel good vibe, I have to share it. Wanna hear it, here it go!
1. Feist – First of all, I just have to say I love this lil’ Canadian woman with a powerful voice. I found out about her years ago with that catchy tune “1, 2, 3, 4″. But since, had not invested much time into checking out her work more. Today I heard a song by Feist that I am in love with called “The Water”. It is deep, dark, and soulful. (three of my favorite things). The piano is beautifully played and shows just how talented she is. Check it out, here’s a live version.
2. Jessie J – I’ll have to admit, when I saw her last year on the MTV Music Awards, I was not sold. Until…one day I heard her song “Who You Are”. This song is passionate and full of inspiration. Not to mention it’s one of my favorite songs to sing in the shower
3. Demi Lovato – Confession….I’ve seen both Camp Rock movies lol. And what I got out of them was that this girl could sing. She was light-years better than a lot of other Disney stars who try to act and sing. She sings from the heart, at least I truly believe that. I feel bad and am worried about where she’s going with her career altough this song “Skyscraper” gives me some reassurance that everything is gonna be alright.
4. Emiliana Torrini – Ok… this is one of those guilty pleasure songs. That’s all I can say lol. It’s wild and the video makes no sense. Kinda looks like it was filmed in a zoo display. But I’m not judging cause I love the song “Jungle Drum”
5. Flyleaf – I absolutely enjoyed their first album. And I feel bad that I’m just now getting around to listening to their second album, Memento Mori. A good friend of mine says that it’s no good but I’m giving it mixed reviews. There are some songs that I don’t really care for and then others that I love like this one. It’s called “Again”. I love Lacey Mosleys’ voice, full of …… something, can’t put my finger on it.
6. We Are The Fallen – Often compared to Evanescence, similar in sound but good in their own right. I really like the stage presence the lead singer has. Check out “Bury Me Alive”
7. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – I like this groups original sound. My favorite song of theirs is “Maps”. And I also love to play that song on Rock Band (guilty I know). But now I find myself jammin in the car to their club banger “Heads Will Roll”. After hearing this song, I definitely think they should have used it in the newest Alice in Wonderland movie if they didn’t already.The video is awesome! A monster doing MJ moves.
8. Gnarls Barkley – Firstly, I love all of his aliases and the uniqueness of his music. I’m now playing “I’m Going On” repeatedly! It talks about how a person has got to move forward cause it is better than staying put!
9. Day 26 – REALLY??! I was looking at them on YoutTube and someone commented “help them survive the diddy curse”. Lol too funny. However, I will say the group is not the same without Q but I’m glad they are making music. Here’s something that’ll be on their new cd. “Made Love Lately”
10. Natalia Kills – I just got her cd Perfectionist. It’s on repeat. I can say I like 87% of it. This song “Free” is just a feel good song that I can’t get out of my head.